Syniti is an innovative, global leader in Enterprise Data Management. With smart and powerful resources like our award-winning software platform and premier consultants, Syniti helps the world’s top enterprises create unique advantage and value with their data. Whether the goal is bringing new products to market faster, accelerating time-to-value for a new ERP system or corporate acquisition, powering new AI/ML initiatives, or increasing profitability by eliminating inefficiencies, Syniti ensures your business’s data is a high-performing and trusted asset. Syniti is also a preferred data solution used by the world’s top system integrators, and a portfolio company of BridgeGrowth Partners LLC. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with offices in 25 countries around the world, Syniti operates in all global regions and industry verticals, and maintains a 100% client success rate across thousands of complex data projects and initiatives.
The Cloud Operations Engineer is responsible for designing, building and supporting highly reliable, high performing and secure solutions for cloud-based application environments and for advanced level provisioning and administration of Syniti products in cloud environments. This position is a key part of the broader Cloud Operations team, responsible for server and service management in multiple cloud services.
This role has been designated as a Remote position allowing qualified talent throughout the listed country to be considered for the opportunity.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain highly secure and high performing cloud based infrastructure
- Demonstrate Subject Matter Expertise in cloud technologies, security, privacy and information management
- Continuously improve operations processes, including incident, problem, change management and disaster recovery processes
- Provide technical leadership and advanced operational support to hosted customer environments
- Design, provision, administer and maintain cloud hosted systems in IBM Skytap and AWS
- Provide hands on testing, tuning, and Tier 3+ technical support
- On a rotating basis, provide after hours, on-call incident support across all areas of cloud operations
- Monitor system health and establish appropriate alerting thresholds and response procedures
- Uphold established SaaS security and performance standards to ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements as agreed with internal and external customers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Must have 2+ years of experience working with a high-volume customer facing SaaS application or in an Operational role (cloud ops / devops)
- Strong experience with a broad range of AWS tools and technologies, including VPC/VPN, EC2, Guardduty, Cloudfront, S3, Azure, Google cloud etc.
- Must have 2+ years of experience in windows server administration, and ideally SQL Server administration
- Understanding of / experience with at least 2 of the following disciplines:
- Build/deployment/delivery processes
- System provisioning, automation and configuration management tools
- Cloud monitoring principles and tools
- Security, performance and data privacy for a multitier cloud-based application
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Strong team player capable of providing support across the organization and mentoring to junior team members
- Willing/able to provide after hours, on-call and escalation, including system outages and incident response
If you are interested in this or any one of the exciting career opportunities at Syniti®, please go to www.syniti.com and view our Careers section, where you should complete the on-line application process.