Syniti, formerly BackOffice Associates, was founded to solve business’ complex data challenges, bringing synergy between data and business, delivering confidence and progress along clients’ business transformation journey. Through a combination of unique data expertise, services, and intelligent software leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning, we help clients manage their data journey from data conversion to data quality, data archival and replication, master data management, analytics, information governance, and data strategy.
Utilizing the market’s top data specialists, validated industry knowledge and proven methodologies, Syniti has led thousands of successful data journey projects for Forbes Global 2000 organizations. SAP resells Advance Data Migration and Information Steward Accelerator by BackOffice Associates as SAP Solution Extensions.
Syniti is a purpose-driven company. “We’re embracing the future together as one – with our employees, clients and partners – accelerating global and human progress, one data challenge at a time.”
Headquartered in Boston, MA, Syniti operates in 25 countries around the globe.
The Cloud Operations Engineer is responsible for supporting highly reliable, high performing and secure operations for n-tier SaaS applications comprising both UI and data integration components and for provisioning and administering the R&D AWS environment. This position works closely with the Cloud Development team maintaining a “DevOps” culture. The person in this role reports through R&D IT leadership, but will be a key contributor to Cloud Development and Product Support teams.
- Uphold established SaaS security and performance standards to ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements as specified in customer contracts
- Assist in implementation and maintenance of a highly secure and high performing cloud based infrastructure, including the following:
- Create and manage cloud tenants
- Apply new builds to cloud environments
- Monitor system health and establish appropriate alerting thresholds and response procedures
- Provision, administer and maintain cloud hosted (currently AWS) systems for the R&D group
- Build Subject Matter Expertise in cloud security, privacy and information management
- Provide hands on testing, tuning, and technical support
- On a rotating basis, provide after hours, on-call incident support
- Continuously improve operations processes, including incident, problem, change management and disaster recovery processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- At least 1 year of experience working with a high volume customer facing SaaS application or in a DevOps environment
- Understanding of / experience with at least 4 of the following disciplines:
- SaaS Application architecture
- Serverless (Cloudfront, GuardDuty, Route 53, API Gateway) AWS technologies
- Build/deployment/delivery processes
- System provisioning, automation and configuration management tools
- AWS EC2 or similar instance provision and administration
- DNS expertise
- Familiarity with cloud monitoring principles and tools
- Security, performance and data privacy for a multitier cloud based application
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Strong team player capable of providing support across the organization
- Willing/able to provide after hours, on-call and escalation, including system outages and incident response
If you are interested in this or any one of the exciting career opportunities at Syniti®, please go to www.boaweb.com and view our Careers section, where you should complete the on-line application process.