Syniti, formerly BackOffice Associates, was founded to solve business’ complex data challenges, bringing synergy between data and business, delivering confidence and progress along clients’ business transformation journey. Through a combination of unique data expertise, services, and intelligent software leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning, we help clients manage their data journey from data conversion to data quality, data archival and replication, master data management, analytics, information governance, and data strategy.
Utilizing the market’s top data specialists, validated industry knowledge and proven methodologies, Syniti has led thousands of successful data journey projects for Forbes Global 2000 organizations. SAP resells Advance Data Migration and Information Steward Accelerator by BackOffice Associates as SAP Solution Extensions.
Syniti is a purpose-driven company. “We’re embracing the future together as one – with our employees, clients and partners – accelerating global and human progress, one data challenge at a time.”
Headquartered in Boston, MA, Syniti operates in 25 countries around the globe.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Accounting Department and ensuring that all financial activities are in line with Company goals and objectives, in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles, and complying with government regulations, loan covenant obligations, and the LLC Operating Agreement. Additionally, this position is responsible for coordinating with the Company’s Financial Planning & Analysis group, the Chief Financial Officer and other functions across the company to provide executives and other employees the information required to effectively manage the Company. Responsible for all accounting functions of the Company and its divisions, joint ventures, and affiliates, including recommending and implementing appropriate internal controls and financial information reporting systems. Scope of the role includes general accounting, tax accounting, payroll, transfer pricing, risk management / insurance, real estate, and reporting to 3rd parties in compliance with U.S. GAAP. Covers each country and statutory entity in which the company operates and/or publishes financial information. Formulate and administer approved accounting practices throughout the Company to ensure that financial operating reports accurately reflect the condition of the business and provide reliable information and establish policies necessary to control operations.
SUPERVISES: Accounting, Tax, Statutory Reporting, Payroll and other functions as appropriate
- Lead a global team of professionals in execution of the above job summary
- Propose, implement, document and monitor accounting policies and control procedures that appropriately advance the interests of the Company
- Optimize the performance of team members by providing them with training, motivation, and direction, including specific goals and objective productivity targets
- Manage the preparation of all accounting ledgers, subledgers, reconciliations, and other financial reports and supporting details
- Working closely with the Company’s FP&A team and business leaders, ensure the correct and accurate accounting classification of all revenues, expenditures, and balance sheet items
- Lead the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end closings including external reviews, audits, and tax engagements as well as the preparation of external Financial Statements, footnotes, and disclosures of the Company and its Subsidiaries
- Effectively represent the Company with independent auditors, tax authorities, regulatory agencies, and business partners
- Manage the Company’s real estate program, including advisory role on space planning. Maintain a schedule of upcoming lease renewals, negotiate lease contracts, and coordinate with Company personnel and with outside brokers, attorneys, and others
- Manage the Company’s insurance programs. Ensure that coverage complies with known customer and partner requirements, keep current with industry trends, and coordinate with Company personnel and with outside brokers, attorneys, and others
- Oversee the Company’s benefit plans as a fiduciary. Ensure that transactions conducted with participants (current and former employees, their families and beneficiaries) and benefit providers are in compliance with Company policies, laws and regulations, and that annual filings are submitted correctly and on time with the Department of Labor
- Oversee the customer and supplier qualification process, and coordinate with other Company personnel as needed. Specifically, determine that information shared is governed by confidentiality agreements, is accurate, relevant, and presented in the most professional manner
- In coordination with other Company personnel, advise on customer and supplier contracts for best Company outcomes on revenue recognition, profit, cash flow, and regulatory compliance
- Conduct special accounting studies, analyses, and cost studies, and provide statistics and comments to assist in the interpretation of operating results and provide specific recommendations which will result in cost reductions and profit improvements
- Benchmark business practices in area of responsibility and drive continuous improvement
- Assume other special assignments from the CFO and Senior Executives
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, along with 15 years’ progressive accounting management experience
- MBA and/or CPA, CMA is preferred but not mandatory
- At least 5 years as an Accounting Manager or Division Controller
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, preferred experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP or any other major accounting system is required
- Ability to provide leadership to ensure optimal internal and external customer satisfaction and the achievement of departmental goals
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills, highly developed level of creative skills and resourcefulness to manage the financial function is required
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills to determine best financial approach, to maintain budget controls and to supervise a professional staff
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Proven ability to apply accuracy and timeliness in all aspects of work
- Efficient and effective functioning of financial processes or procedures
- Familiarity with innovative and proactive management techniques
If you are interested in this or any one of the exciting career opportunities at Syniti®, please go to www.syniti.com and view our Careers section, where you should complete the on-line application process.