Syniti was founded to solve business’ complex data challenges, bringing synergy between data and business, delivering confidence and progress along clients’ business transformation journey. Through a combination of unique data expertise, services, and intelligent software leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning, we help clients manage their data journey from data conversion to data quality, data archival and replication, master data management, analytics, information governance, and data strategy.
Utilizing the market’s top data specialists, validated industry knowledge and proven methodologies, Syniti has led thousands of successful data journey projects for Forbes Global 2000 organizations. SAP resells Syniti products as part of the Solution Extension Partner program.
Syniti is a purpose-driven company. “We’re embracing the future together as one – with our employees, clients and partners – accelerating global and human progress, one data challenge at a time.”
Headquartered in Boston, MA, Syniti operates in 25 countries around the globe.
This Global Corporate Controller is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Accounting Department. In this role, you will work to ensure that all financial activities are in line with Company goals and objectives and in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles. You will manage a team tasked to ensure our compliance with government regulations, loan covenant obligations and the LLC Operating Agreement. This role is also responsible for all accounting functions of the Company and its divisions, joint ventures and affiliates, including recommending and implementing appropriate internal controls and financial information reporting systems. The scope of the role includes general accounting, tax accounting, payroll, transfer pricing, risk management / insurance, real estate and reporting to 3rd parties in compliance with U.S. GAAP.
SUPERVISES: Accounting, Tax, Statutory Reporting, Payroll and other functions as appropriate
- Lead a global team of professionals in the day to day operations of the department
- Propose, implement, document and monitor accounting policies and control procedures that appropriately advance the interests of the Company
- Optimize the performance of team members by providing them with training, motivation and direction, including specific goals and objective productivity targets
- Manage the preparation of all accounting ledgers, subledgers, reconciliations and other financial reports and supporting details
- Work closely with the Company’s FP&A team and business leaders to ensure the correct and accurate accounting classification of all revenues, expenditures and balance sheet items
- Lead the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end closings including external reviews, audits and tax engagements as well as the preparation of external financial statements, footnotes and disclosures of the Company and its Subsidiaries
- Effectively represent the Company with independent auditors, tax authorities, regulatory agencies, and business partners
- Manage the Company’s real estate program, including serving in an advisory role on space planning
- Maintain a schedule of upcoming lease renewals, negotiate lease contracts while coordinating logistics with Company personnel and with outside brokers, attorneys and others
- Manage the Company’s insurance programs ensuring that coverage complies with known customer and partner requirements, keep current with industry trends
- Manage the customer and supplier qualification process ensuring that information shared is governed by confidentiality agreements and is accurate, relevant, and presented in the most professional manner
- Advise on customer and supplier contracts for best Company outcomes on revenue recognition, profit, cash flow, and regulatory compliance
- Conduct special accounting studies providing analysis and recommendations which will result in cost reductions and profit improvements
- Cover each country and statutory entity in the company operates and/or publishes financial information
- Benchmark business practices in area of responsibility and drive continuous improvement
- Assume other special assignments from the CFO and Senior Executives
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred
- CPA or CMA preferred
- 15+ years’ progressive accounting management experience
- At least 5 years as an Accounting Manager or Assistant/Division Controller
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP or any other major accounting system is required
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills to determine best financial approach, to maintain budget controls and to supervise a professional staff
- Ability to provide leadership to ensure optimal internal and external customer satisfaction and the achievement of departmental goals
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly developed level of creative skills and resourcefulness to manage the financial functions is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Proven ability to apply accuracy and timeliness in all aspects of work
- Efficient and effective functioning of financial processes or procedures
- Familiarity with innovative and proactive management techniques
If you are interested in this or any one of the exciting career opportunities at Syniti®, please go to www.syniti.com and view our Careers section, where you should complete the on-line application process.