Syniti is an innovative, global leader in Enterprise Data Management. With smart and powerful resources like our award-winning software platform and premier consultants, Syniti helps the world’s top enterprises create unique advantage and value with their data. Whether the goal is bringing new products to market faster, accelerating time-to-value for a new ERP system or corporate acquisition, powering new AI/ML initiatives, or increasing profitability by eliminating inefficiencies, Syniti ensures your business’s data is a high-performing and trusted asset. Syniti is also a preferred data solution used by the world’s top system integrators, and a portfolio company of BridgeGrowth Partners LLC. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with offices in 25 countries around the world, Syniti operates in all global regions and industry verticals, and maintains a 100% client success rate across thousands of complex data projects and initiatives.
The Head of Cloud Operations leads the team responsible for providing highly reliable, high performing and secure operations for Syniti’s hosted cloud customers. The successful candidate would be hands-on and experienced in managing a multi-cloud global infrastructure. The candidate will be able to transform, drive scale & operational efficiency, and enable future strategy for business growth.
This role has been designated as a Remote position allowing qualified talent throughout the listed country to be considered for the opportunity.
- Recruit and manage 24/7 Cloud Operations team members, across various geographical locations and consisting of both direct employees and third-party staff
- Uphold established SaaS security and performance standards to ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements as specified in Customer contracts
- Provide technical leadership to the cloud operations team. This will require a substantial technical background in networking and server operations
- Assist in design, implementation and maintenance of a highly secure and high performing Cloud-based infrastructure
- Help grow and develop the cloud operations team through training, mentoring and assisting in the hiring process.
- Drive performance tuning and capacity planning
- Continuously improve operations processes, including incident, problem, change management and disaster recovery
- Interact with customers and alliance partners to determine needs, develop solutions and overcome technical hurdles related to the provision of hosted solutions to end customers
- Work closely with internal teams (support, DevOps, product management, IT, development, services) and leadership to ensure company’s goals and strategies are met
- Work with vendors, managed service providers and external partners to provide seamless service to Syniti customers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Information Systems, or equivalent technology-based degree
- 15+ years of experience in software development, cloud architecture and/or technical operations
- 10+ years of experience in progressive leadership roles
- 5+ years of experience managing high volume customer facing SaaS application services
- Experience with best of breed infrastructure solutions, including proven experience with Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure cloud services
- Understanding of overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
- Understanding of/experience with the following disciplines:
- System provisioning, automation and configuration management tools
- SaaS Application architecture
- AWS or similar third party cloud provider
- Virtual private cloud, VPN, remote connectivity and network segregation
- Authentication mechanisms and integration / SSO
- Windows server administration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft SQL Server administration and troubleshooting
- System/deployment/delivery/administration experience in a 24×7 production environment
- Familiar with international data privacy laws and compliance requirements
- Current experience managing a globally dispersed team
- Knowledge of technical, operational and cultural structures required to scale teams in a high-growth environment
- Experience leading complex technical projects with aggressive schedules
- Ability to set and prioritize one’s own work agenda to drive team progress in key areas by being enthusiastic, creative and collaborative
- Good listener with a proven ability to gather requirements and work with people at all levels
- Strong financial management and budgeting skills
- Willing/able to provide after hours, customer facing escalation support, including system outages and incident response
- Excellent organizational, collaboration and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you are interested in this or any one of the exciting career opportunities at Syniti®, please go to www.syniti.com and view our Careers section, where you should complete the on-line application process.
Syniti is an Equal Opportunity Employer