Syniti, formerly BackOffice Associates, was founded to solve business’ complex data challenges, bringing synergy between data and business, delivering confidence and progress along clients’ business transformation journey. Through a combination of unique data expertise, services, and intelligent software leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning, we help clients manage their data journey from data conversion to data quality, data archival and replication, master data management, analytics, information governance, and data strategy.
Utilizing the market’s top data specialists, validated industry knowledge and proven methodologies, Syniti has led thousands of successful data journey projects for Forbes Global 2000 organizations. SAP resells Advance Data Migration and Information Steward Accelerator by BackOffice Associates as SAP Solution Extensions.
Syniti is a purpose-driven company. “We’re embracing the future together as one – with our employees, clients and partners – accelerating global and human progress, one data challenge at a time.”
Headquartered in Boston, MA, Syniti operates in 25 countries around the globe.
The Immigration and Mobility Specialist will act as a strategic business partner by coordinating U.S. employment-based immigration as well as leading efforts to facilitate global mobility. Key aspects of the role are the build out of a centralized Immigration and Mobility function which supports the organization as it scales globally. In this role you will be responsible for providing immigration case filing strategy, performing assessments on topics such as internal job changes, visa stamping and travel, and helping stakeholders navigate a complex and ever-evolving immigration landscape by providing education and communications on policy changes.
- Ensure efficient delivery of high-quality immigration consultation services within Syniti
- Act as the primary resource for existing, former, and future employees regarding all aspects of U.S. employment-based immigration as well as domestic and international mobility
- Identify improvement opportunities with immigration and mobility bringing innovative ideas to life
- Document standard operating procedures for immigration and mobility activities
- Partner with our outside immigration law firms to evaluate and develop case strategy and process case initiations and extensions
- Continually review immigration procedures and legal status of employees, taking timely action as required
- Troubleshoot issues and seek to remove barriers before, during, or after an immigration case
- Actively communicate all pertinent immigration related information (e.g. updates on assignment status, key dates, issue escalation, etc.) to People Operations, Resource Managers, and other people/departments as needed
- Promote internal education by developing and updating immigration resources (e.g. FAQs, presentations and policy documents), process flows, and procedures
- Liaise with third party mobility vendor(s) to administer seamless individual employee moves and global programs identifying opportunities for improvement as the relationship matures
- Assist with other global mobility tasks, which may include involvement with international relocations
- Maintain system records to ensure accurate and timely information/documentation
- Assist in preparation of annual immigration/mobility budgets as well as processing invoices related to immigration/mobility expenses
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- 5+ yrs of experience with employment sponsored immigration management
- Experience managing H-1B, B-1, L-1, TN and permanent residency cases
- Experience in temporary international assignment management and global mobility
- Experience with MS Office suite; specifically, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Current knowledge of corporate immigration laws, policies and best practices
- Experience supporting a highly mobile and remote workforce both nationally and internationally
- Experience managing cases and work with strict time-lines
- Passion for fostering a productive and positive employee/candidate experience
- Excellent attention to detail and superb analytical and organizational skills are crucial
- Creative problem-solving abilities and understanding of end-to end process improvement
- Ability to carefully develop standard operating procedures
- Good listener with a proven ability to gather requirements and work with people at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you are interested in this or any one of the exciting career opportunities at Syniti®, please go to www.boaweb.com and view our Careers section, where you should complete the on-line application process.