Syniti, was founded to solve business’ complex data challenges, bringing synergy between data and business, delivering confidence and progress along clients’ business transformation journey. Through a combination of unique data expertise, services, and intelligent software leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning, we help clients manage their data journey from data conversion to data quality, data archival and replication, master data management, analytics, information governance, and data strategy.
Utilizing the market’s top data specialists, validated industry knowledge and proven methodologies, Syniti has led thousands of successful data journey projects for Forbes Global 2000 organizations. SAP resells Advance Data Migration and Information Steward Accelerator by Syniti as SAP Solution Extensions.
Syniti is a purpose-driven company. “We’re embracing the future together as one – with our employees, clients and partners – accelerating global and human progress, one data challenge at a time.”
Headquartered in Boston, MA, Syniti operates in 25 countries around the globe.
The Senior Counsel will be responsible for all contract drafting, negotiating, IT Law and International Law. This role will work with the General Counsel to help oversee the company’s legal affairs in the Americas, including licensing and contract negotiation, managing the company’s IP portfolio, compliance, and advising executive and senior management on day to day legal matters.
The person in this position will be an experienced commercial lawyer with senior-level experience with the ability to work as both an individual contributor and team lead. Experience working as part of a small but mighty team in a fast-paced rapidly growing tech company is preferred.
- Serve as the subject-matter expert on commercial agreements/contracting playing a key role in the growth and scalability of the business
- Provide timely and pragmatic legal counsel, meeting critical internal and vendor timelines
- Review, draft and negotiate strategic commercial contracts, including software licenses, master services agreements, SaaS agreements as well as vendor agreements
- Ensure business compliance, including regulatory, such as OFAC compliance and data privacy compliance
- Collaborate on the development and implementation of processes to scale the business without increasing risk
- Proactively review current legislative changes to ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies
- Manage large volumes of transactions and several projects simultaneously, seeking appropriate inputs from various internal stakeholders while engaging proactively with business clients
- Synthesize and summarize information efficiently to allow informed and reasonable decisions on complex issues escalated for legal review
- Provide seasoned legal advice on complex technology transactions; including knowledge of the market
- Exercise independent judgment to bring in stakeholders as necessary and update management on status of projects
- JD from an accredited law school and a license to practice law in at least one jurisdiction
- Qualified lawyer with 15+ years of commercial legal experience, including experience in an in-house legal department within a software company
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience in IT service contracts and general contract matters
- Proven contract drafting and negotiation abilities
- Sound working knowledge of commercial & IT/IP law, preferably gained in an international environment
- Experience with software and software licensing issues
- Experience with legal support of M&A activity
- Experience with corporate governance under US laws as it relates to shareholders/boards resolutions, registry filling, internal procedures, etc.
- Experience with IP rights protection and an ability to manage overall IP rights strategy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to present and lead meetings at all levels
- Well organized, multi-tasker, able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Experience in a deadline driven environment with an ability to effectively manage and prioritize workload
- Proactive and mature approach in decision making under high pressure
- Competent problem solver, possessing excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Proven ability to interact with people at all levels globally with the ability to absorb and respect cultural differences
If you are interested in this or any one of the exciting career opportunities at Syniti®, please go to www.syniti.com and view our Careers section, where you should complete the on-line application process.
Syniti is an Equal Opportunity Employer