Syniti, formerly BackOffice Associates, was founded to solve business’ complex data challenges, bringing synergy between data and business, delivering confidence and progress along clients’ business transformation journey. Through a combination of unique data expertise, services, and intelligent software leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning, we help clients manage their data journey from data conversion to data quality, data archival and replication, master data management, analytics, information governance, and data strategy.
Utilizing the market’s top data specialists, validated industry knowledge and proven methodologies, Syniti has led thousands of successful data journey projects for Forbes Global 2000 organizations. SAP resells Advance Data Migration and Information Steward Accelerator by BackOffice Associates as SAP Solution Extensions.
Syniti is a purpose-driven company. “We’re embracing the future together as one – with our employees, clients and partners – accelerating global and human progress, one data challenge at a time.”
Headquartered in Boston, MA, Syniti operates in 25 countries around the globe.
Syniti believes that Quality is an integral part of the full software development lifecycle. As a senior member of the Engineering team, you will be responsible for key parts of our software development process. In this role, you will work within and across cross-functional teams alongside developers, designers, and product managers to assess new features, plan and execute tests, and provide quality assistance and testing expertise to all development and integration efforts. You’ll also be responsible for gaining a holistic understanding of the system and solving overarching quality and automation problems including development of test automation frameworks along the CI/CD pipeline. As part of this team, you will also be responsible for owning and managing tools, systems, and cloud infrastructure employed for quality, automation and testing purposes.
Enable Quality across and within teams: test planning, test automation, engineering assistance, test execution, and quality reporting.
- Define, document and improve Continuous Testing processes and procedures that fit well with and enhance our CI/CD pipeline and methodologies
- Contribute to designing and developing test automation frameworks for different types of testing including end-to-end, UI, API, integration, and performance
- Own and manage tools, systems, and cloud infrastructure employed for quality, automation and testing purposes
- Review code changes and determine and assess quality and test coverage
- Collaborate with developers to create tests, identify bugs, raise issues, and assist with root-cause analysis to isolate and address the problem
- Communicate information about testing and automation including progress, issues
- Enhance the overall skill set of the team by contributing to our processes, sharing best practices, and helping us innovate and build great products
A senior engineering minded, quality focused individual with a proven track record of quality ownership, and excellent communication skills (written especially).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field or commensurate technical experience
- 5+ years of experience in quality engineering, test automation and/or software development
- Track record assessing quality risks, and developing and executing a variety of tests: Unit, Integration, E2E, UI, API, and/or Performance
- Experience with building test automation frameworks, integrating tools and working with a variety of automation and test management tools
- Experience owning, operating, and maintaining a CI/CD system and workflows (CircleCI, Jenkins, etc.) and leveraging a test environment in the cloud (AWS, Azure etc.)
A plus to have
- Knowledge of Docker and container technologies
- Experience with UI automated testing and tools: Selenium, Jasmine, Cypress, Cucumber
- Experience testing RESTful APIs and related tools: Postman, SoapUI, curl
- Experience testing SQL and/or NoSQL database(s), and writing SQL scripts
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals and common Web protocols
- Experience implementing performance testing and working with load testing tools (Jmeter, LoadRunner) and performance monitoring tools
- Knowledge of continuous testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery of the software lifecycle: Dev, Ops, Quality
- Experience in agile software process – someone who believes in agile but is not beholden to a particular methodology
Organizational & soft skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/ written)
- Highly organized and process driven – must efficiently manage workload, have high productivity and time management skills
- Self-directed, motivated, and able to work independently with little supervision, and willing to push through challenges
- Collaborative and team player with the ability to work as part of a highly distributed team – great communication skills via Slack, Zoom, and Google Meet is a must
- Penchant for leadership
Syniti offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, 401k, long term disability, life insurance and a paid time off program.
If you are interested in this or any one of the exciting career opportunities at Syniti®, please go to www.syniti.com and view our Careers section, where you should complete the on-line application process.