Syniti, was founded to solve business’ complex data challenges, bringing synergy between data and business, delivering confidence and progress along clients’ business transformation journey. Through a combination of unique data expertise, services, and intelligent software leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning, we help clients manage their data journey from data conversion to data quality, data archival and replication, master data management, analytics, information governance, and data strategy.
Utilizing the market’s top data specialists, validated industry knowledge and proven methodologies, Syniti has led thousands of successful data journey projects for Forbes Global 2000 organizations. SAP resells Advance Data Migration and Information Steward Accelerator by Syniti as SAP Solution Extensions.
Syniti is a purpose-driven company. “We’re embracing the future together as one – with our employees, clients and partners – accelerating global and human progress, one data challenge at a time.”
Headquartered in Boston, MA, Syniti operates in 25 countries around the globe.
The main responsibility of the Software Developer Engineer in Test is to perform testing and quality assurance for our on-premise software. This position requires working with all stakeholders involved in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), primarily the Senior Developers, Quality Engineers, and Product Managers.
This position is 100% remote and will have moderate supervision, therefore excellent time management skills are required.
The Engineering Team for this position is located in North America (NA), therefore, there will be a requirement to adjust work hours to have reasonable overlap with the NA work schedule.
- Design, develop, maintain, and implement test plans and automated tests and contribute to continuous delivery of our software
- Develop and maintain a current and thorough understanding of our on-premise software
- Maintain and improve our current automation framework
- Thoroughly analyze test execution results to ensure that the work products comply with approved design and documented requirements
- Assist in the gathering and analyzing of testing metrics and suggest process improvements to improve the software development and testing processes including performance testing and monitoring
- Execute Integration, Regression and Acceptance testing
- Automated and manual tests
- Analyze and resolve test failures
- Support the Development Team by taking on additional responsibilities, as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 2+ years of experience in SDET/CI/CD/Test Automation, Software Development or Test Framework Development
- Experience using automation testing tools/frameworks/languages such as Cucumber, Python, Ruby, Capybara, JMeter, etc
- Experience with formal QA testing processes
- Experience with test case and test scenario writing – both manual and automated
- Experience writing automated tests for web front ends, web services, APIs, and databases
- Experience with MS SQL Server and proficient database skills
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git and GitHub
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Familiarity with AWS tools and services (EC2 and S3 a plus)
- Familiarity with Jira or other Agile software development tools for task management
- Excellent Soft Skills:
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context. Excellent active listening skills
- Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Strong attention to detail
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills: Ability to analyze problems and determine root cause, generating alternatives, evaluating and selecting alternatives and implementing solutions
- Results oriented: Able to drive things forward regardless of personal interest in the tasks
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in a remote environment:
- Experience using Google Meet, Zoom, Slack or similar technologies
- Ability and desire to learn new software and technologies, with a detail-oriented perspective
If you are interested in this or any one of the exciting career opportunities at Syniti®, please go to www.syniti.com and view our Careers section, where you should complete the on-line application process.