Syniti is an innovative, global leader in Enterprise Data Management. With smart and powerful resources like our award-winning software platform and premier consultants, Syniti helps the world’s top enterprises create unique advantage and value with their data. Whether the goal is bringing new products to market faster, accelerating time-to-value for a new ERP system or corporate acquisition, powering new AI/ML initiatives, or increasing profitability by eliminating inefficiencies, Syniti ensures your business’s data is a high-performing and trusted asset. Syniti is also a preferred data solution used by the world’s top system integrators, and a portfolio company of BridgeGrowth Partners LLC. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with offices in 25 countries around the world, Syniti operates in all global regions and industry verticals, and maintains a 100% client success rate across thousands of complex data projects and initiatives.
The Software Engineer will work with team members to design, implement, and maintain high quality software applications and components to fulfill requirement established by the Product Owners. In this role, you’ll work closely with fellow developers, Testers, Product Owners and Documentation to deliver quality products. You will provide assistance to the Customer Support team by transferring product knowledge and will have the opportunity to work on individual as well as team projects.
This role has been designated as a Remote position allowing qualified talent throughout the listed country to be considered for the opportunity.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with Scrum team members, other software/applications developers and Architects
- Perform assigned C#/VB .Net coding tasks
- Create tasks and estimates from feature requirements
- Create unit tests and participates in peer code reviews
- Follow and contribute to design guidelines and best practices
- Provide assistance to testing team, as needed, by aiding in testing and test case creation
- Provide development assistance to the Customer Support team in cases requiring code defect identification or workarounds
- Debug complex applications to locate reported bugs and issues
- Refactor existing code to enhance readability, performance and general structure
- Create prototypes of new and enhanced features to demonstrate capabilities and implementation options
- Follow guidelines from Architects and provide feedback if issues are encountered
What It Takes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field or commensurate technical experience
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience software development
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience developing in C#
- Java application development experience, a plus
- Experience with VB.NET and web development, a plus
- Proficient in SQL language and at least one of the following databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2 or MySQL
- Experience working in an Agile environment with a focus on bringing ideas for improvement to the table every day
- Able to use communication platforms like Google Hangouts and Slack
- Knowledgeable of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Must be detailed oriented and a quick learner
- In-depth knowledge of the principles of Scrum/Agile team management
- Proficient in handling technical development concepts, latest software tools and technologies, strong database concepts and designing techniques
- Understands different programming languages and ability to solve problems in coding, testing and deployment
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to organize and prioritize effectively
- Able to concurrently manage multiple tasks and consistently complete deliverables on schedule
- Strong work ethic, hands on style
- Ability to manage competing deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a collaborative team
- Proven dedication to providing excellent customer service
- Must be capable of interacting with a wide variety of internal/external individuals at all levels
What We Offer
- Trust that you are good at what you’re doing. At Syniti you will find a supportive environment and access to learning tools, but micromanagement is not our thing.
- Growth. We are growing rapidly and steadily solving the biggest challenges enterprise companies are faced with today. There was never a better time to join and grow with us. Most importantly you will have the chance to shape our journey and share in our success story.
- Support. We all rely on each other and enable each other to be successful. You won’t stand alone.
- Curiosity and genuine interest in you. We all have our different stories, all equally fascinating with each depicting a different journey and we want to hear them all.
- Recognition. We are the sum of individual achievements and we always take the time to celebrate them.
- An open organisation. Hierarchies are not our thing and access is something we make sure of across the board. We are a family where everyone is just as important, everyone’s work is seen and ideas valued
If you are interested in this or any one of the exciting career opportunities at Syniti®, please go to www.syniti.com and view our Careers section, where you should complete the on-line application process.
Syniti is an Equal Opportunity Employer