Syniti, formerly BackOffice Associates, was founded to solve business’ complex data challenges, bringing synergy between data and business, delivering confidence and progress along clients’ business transformation journey. Through a combination of unique data expertise, services, and intelligent software leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning, we help clients manage their data journey from data conversion to data quality, data archival and replication, master data management, analytics, information governance, and data strategy.
Utilizing the market’s top data specialists, validated industry knowledge and proven methodologies, Syniti has led thousands of successful data journey projects for Forbes Global 2000 organizations. SAP resells Advance Data Migration and Information Steward Accelerator by BackOffice Associates as SAP Solution Extensions.
Syniti is a purpose-driven company. “We’re embracing the future together as one – with our employees, clients and partners – accelerating global and human progress, one data challenge at a time.”
Headquartered in Boston, MA, Syniti operates in 25 countries around the globe.
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for helping, design, develop, and maintain Syniti’s products. We use a myriad of technologies and have both on-premises Enterprise and cloud native software. The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms. Our engineering teams are responsible for building, deploying, and operating their own services.
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Design, build, document, and maintain APIs, services, and systems
- Participate actively in code reviews to ensure quality and distribute knowledge
- Ship code responsibly (automated testing, CI, real-time monitoring and alerting, etc)
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or commensurate technical experience
- 4+ years of experience developing commercial software
- 2+ years prior experience in a DevOps culture for Cloud-based software solutions
- Proficiency in at least one strongly-typed programming language such as Go, Rust, modern C++, C#
- Advanced understanding of RDBMS databases; ideally, PostgreSQL
- Experience building distributed systems
- AWS, GCP, or Azure experience
- Rigor in software engineering standard methodologies, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong debugging skills
- Highly organized and process driven
- Strong communication skills via Slack and Google Hangouts is a must
- Self- directed, motivated team player
- Agile, but not Agile™
If you are interested in this or any one of the exciting career opportunities at Syniti®, please go to www.syniti.com and view our Careers section, where you should complete the on-line application process.