Syniti is an innovative, global leader in Enterprise Data Management. With smart and powerful resources like our award-winning software platform and premier consultants, Syniti helps the world’s top enterprises create unique advantage and value with their data. Whether the goal is bringing new products to market faster, accelerating time-to-value for a new ERP system or corporate acquisition, powering new AI/ML initiatives, or increasing profitability by eliminating inefficiencies, Syniti ensures your business’s data is a high-performing and trusted asset. Syniti is also a preferred data solution used by the world’s top system integrators, and a portfolio company of BridgeGrowth Partners LLC. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with offices in 25 countries around the world, Syniti operates in all global regions and industry verticals, and maintains a 100% client success rate across thousands of complex data projects and initiatives.
The Software Support Specialist will be responsible for providing Tier 1 software support, which means they are the initial responder to all software support tickets created by Syniti customers, partners, and employees. They ensure that all tickets receive a satisfying initial response that meets the timing published in our Service Level Agreements (SLA). Furthermore, they provide relevant information found in prior support tickets, development tickets, and in product help/documentation. They may also request basic information that is commonly found to assist in troubleshooting similar support tickets. Ultimately, they seek to work efficiently and then assign more involved tickets to a Tier 2 team member, allowing for the maximum amount of time for the team to meet the resolution time published in our SLA. Persons in this role perform tasks under moderate supervision, following established processes and detailed instructions. They are encouraged to work with all members of the software support team to understand the best approach for various situations.
This role has been designated as a Remote position allowing qualified talent throughout the listed country to be considered for the opportunity.
- Provide initial responses on new support tickets that satisfy end-user expectations and the timing requirements of our Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Verify accurate ticket form information on new support tickets
- Verify accurate information on both new and existing customer and end-user records
- Follow documented instructions for various situations, including but not limited to:
- Download requests
- License requests
- Feature requests
- Hosting outages
- Move tickets toward efficient resolution by reviewing available materials, including but not limited to:
- Support tickets
- Product help/documentation
- Knowledgebase articles
- Development tickets
- Support guides
- Assign more involved tickets to a Tier 2 team member, considering their availability, current workload, and – in some critical/urgent cases – product aptitude
- Identify common support tickets that might benefit from the creation of a knowledgebase article
- Work with both the Documentation and Support teams to facilitate the writing of the article
- Assist with the distribution of bug-fix notification emails after each product release
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT or Business field
- 1+ year of experience in a customer-facing capacity, helping to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Experience demonstrating a well-organized approach and solid problem-solving skills in high-pressure, high-visibility situations
- Highly organized, seeking to both follow and improve defined processes
- Ability to interact with end-users in a calm and professional manner at all times
- Self-directed and motivated to expand both process and product knowledge
- Collaborative, reaching out to team members for help as well as looking for areas to help
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
If you are interested in this or any one of the exciting career opportunities at Syniti®, please go to www.syniti.com and view our Careers section, where you should complete the on-line application process.
Syniti is an Equal Opportunity Employer