Syniti was founded to solve business’ complex data challenges, bringing synergy between data and business, delivering confidence and progress along clients’ business transformation journey. Through a combination of unique data expertise, services, and intelligent software leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning, we help clients manage their data journey from data conversion to data quality, data archival and replication, master data management, analytics, information governance, and data strategy.
Utilizing the market’s top data specialists, validated industry knowledge and proven methodologies, Syniti has led thousands of successful data journey projects for Forbes Global 2000 organizations. SAP resells Syniti products as part of the Solution Extension Partner program.
Syniti is a purpose-driven company. “We’re embracing the future together as one – with our employees, clients and partners – accelerating global and human progress, one data challenge at a time.”
Headquartered in Boston, MA, Syniti operates in 25 countries around the globe.
The main responsibility of the Senior .NET Framework Engineer is to grow, refine and refactor the Syniti Data Stewardship Platform. The Platform is very mature and supports many customer-facing Applications which in turn drive a substantial amount of revenue. The Platform’s stack consists of a .NET server, MSSQL backend and HTML frontend.
This position requires working with Development Leads, Product Owners, and Quality Engineers to implement Platform improvements. This position will also interact regularly with other Platform developers, Platform Architects, Application developers and Product Managers.
Since the Platform interoperates heavily with internal and external applications, the Framework Engineer is responsible for the creation of new and the regular maintenance of existing integration points between the Platform and 1st and 3rd party applications.
Additional responsibilities include providing assistance to Platform Application Developers and the Customer Support team as required.
This position will have moderate supervision, therefore excellent time management skills are required.
Develop leading technology application in a legacy codebase using the .Net framework in an Agile-like development environment:
- Extend the capabilities of the DSP Platform
- Fix defects relating to the DSP Platform
- Translate user stories into functional software
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the DSP Platform
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Participate in Agile-like ceremonies in a ‘remote-first’ organization
- Facilitate DSP Application developers and 3rd parties integrate with the DSP Platform
- Work with the Support Team to resolve high priority customer issues relating to the DSP Platform
- Degree in Computer Science, related field or commensurate technical experience
- 5+ years of experience in engineering, software development or related technical fields
- Strong knowledge of .NET framework 4.0 and above
- Highly Proficient in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystem
- Highly Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server and creating database schemas
- Knowledge of Cloud development concepts and platforms
- Familiar with DevOps culture for Cloud-based software
- Experience with AWS tools and services (e.g. EC2 and S3)
- Experience with web framework applications such as jQuery or Angular
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git/GitHub and continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins and CircleCI)
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Skill for writing reusable libraries
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns
- Ability to write clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
- Basic knowledge of converting monoliths to microservices
- Ability to work closely with team while remote (video and voip calls, Slack chat)
If you are interested in this or any one of the exciting career opportunities at Syniti®, please go to www.syniti.com and view our Careers section, where you should complete the on-line application process.