Syniti is a worldwide leader in information governance and data migration solutions, focusing on helping customers manage one of their most critical assets – data. Our company’s range of products, built on a revolutionary platform, address the needs of business users seeking to unlock the value of their data assets. Syniti’s products and services enable organizations to accelerate growth, gain actionable visibility and reduce risks. Syniti has an unparalleled record of success in the most complex data environments across a variety of industries. Customers include many Fortune 1000 companies including Eli Lilly, Kraft and Dow Chemical. Syniti is a global corporation headquartered in Massachusetts with additional offices in the U.S., Australia, Europe and Asia. We are looking for energetic, self-directed, committed and goal- oriented individuals with the desire to join a world-class organization.
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for helping, design, develop, and maintain Syniti’s products. We use a myriad of technologies and have both on-premises Enterprise and cloud native software. The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms. Our engineering teams are responsible for building, deploying, and operating their own services.
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Design, build, document, and maintain APIs, services, and systems
- Participate actively in code reviews to ensure quality and distribute knowledge
- Ship code responsibly (automated testing, CI, real-time monitoring and alerting, etc)
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or commensurate technical experience
- 4+ years of experience developing commercial software
- 2+ years prior experience in a DevOps culture for Cloud-based software solutions
- Proficiency in at least one strongly-typed programming language such as Go, Rust, modern C++, C#
- Advanced understanding of RDBMS databases; ideally, PostgreSQL
- Experience building distributed systems
- AWS, GCP, or Azure experience
- Rigor in software engineering standard methodologies, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong debugging skills
- Highly organized and process driven
- Strong communication skills via Slack and Google Hangouts is a must
- Self- directed, motivated team player
- Agile, but not Agile™
If you are interested in this or any one of the exciting career opportunities at Syniti®, please go to www.syniti.com and view our Careers section, where you should complete the on-line application process.