Syniti, formerly BackOffice Associates, was founded to solve business’ complex data challenges, bringing synergy between data and business, delivering confidence and progress along clients’ business transformation journey. Through a combination of unique data expertise, services, and intelligent software leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning, we help clients manage their data journey from data conversion to data quality, data archival and replication, master data management, analytics, information governance, and data strategy.
Utilizing the market’s top data specialists, validated industry knowledge and proven methodologies, Syniti has led thousands of successful data journey projects for Forbes Global 2000 organizations. SAP resells Advance Data Migration and Information Steward Accelerator by BackOffice Associates as SAP Solution Extensions.
Syniti is a purpose-driven company. “We’re embracing the future together as one – with our employees, clients and partners – accelerating global and human progress, one data challenge at a time.”
Headquartered in Boston, MA, Syniti operates in 25 countries around the globe.
Syniti is currently seeking a Technical Specialist for an exciting permanent role based in our Leamington Spa office.
As a Technical Specialist, reporting to the Principal Technical Specialist, you should have a track record of successfully assisting on a variety of full project lifecycles where you have operated in the capacity of consultant. Hands-on experience is a must, alongside good communication. The ideal candidate will come from a consulting background and will be familiar with this style of working. The person in this role will be a self-starter with a passion for new technologies.
At Syniti, we’re committed to fostering a healthy office culture with a good work/life balance and exciting problem solving. This is a unique opportunity to help shape the delivery of our client projects and bring your talents to a company that encourages personal growth and development and provides the ability to make an immediate impact and gain recognition.
There’s room for growth and development and a genuine commitment to training in the latest Syniti and SAP technologies.
Posting date: 09 September 2019
Salary: £28-35K + performance related bonus + private health + company pension
Hours: full time
Closing date: 09 October 2019
Location: Leamington Spa
- Perform the installation and configuration of operating systems, including Windows and Linux server
- Perform the installation and configuration of SAP Data Services
- Perform the installation and configuration of SAP Information Steward
- Perform the installation and configuration of SAP Netweaver Application Server
- Perform the installation and configuration of SAP Java Application Server
- Perform SAP BASIS support and troubleshooting on various components
- Perform the installation and configuration of Syniti Software
- Perform the tuning and troubleshooting of Microsoft SQL Databases
- Perform the tuning and troubleshooting of SAP HANA Databases
- Perform the tuning and troubleshooting of SuSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES)
- Responsible for understanding the customers infrastructure, building out that understanding in to a system design, realising that design via remote installation services and documenting all the information
- Perform the communication with the client during the I&C service phase
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the I&C documentation
- Responsible for understanding and updating the I&C processes to achieve higher customer satisfaction
- At least 5 years working knowledge installing, administering and troubleshooting operating systems (Windows and Linux servers)
- At least 3 years working knowledge installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and tuning Microsoft SQL Databases
- At least 3 years working knowledge installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and tuning SAP HANA Databases
- Knowledge of LANs, WANs and network segments
- Knowledge of Windows IIS (Internet Information Services) installation and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of SAP Data Services and SAP Information Steward installation and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of SAP BASIS administration, installation, troubleshooting and optimization
- Knowledge of cloud environments (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services)
- Experience in virtual environment administration of virtual machines and virtual networks
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Fluency in both English and Spanish languages. Additional languages are a plus
- Ability to build from good relationships with clients and colleagues
- Ability to be adapt and prioritize
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions
- Experience in working in multicultural environments is a plus
Salary in line with market + performance related bonus + company pension.
You will be largely based at our Leamington Spa office with some on client site work. Some International travel may be required to visit our other offices, clients, partners, SAP and conferences.
BackOffice Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer