Avnet, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, distributes electronic components, enterprise computer and storage products, and embedded subsystems in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. The company operates in two segments, electronics marketing and technology solutions.
The electronics marketing segment markets and sells semiconductors; interconnect, passive, and electromechanical devices; and embedded products to electronic component manufacturers in various industries, including automotive, communications, computer hardware and peripheral, industrial and manufacturing, medical equipment, military, and aerospace.
This segment also offers various value-added services that help customers to evaluate, design-in, and procure electronic components throughout the lifecycle of their technology products and systems, including supply-chain management, engineering design, inventory replenishment systems, connector and cable assembly, and semiconductor programming. In addition, it serves original equipment manufacturers (OEM) in the medical, telecommunications, industrial and digital editing markets
Technology Solutions Segment
The technology solutions segment markets and sells mid- to high-end servers, data storage, and software products; and offers the services required to implement these products and solutions to the value-added reseller channel. It also focuses on the OEM market for computing technology and system integrators, including non-personal computer OEMs that require embedded systems and solutions such as engineering, product prototyping, integration, and other value-added services, as well as independent software vendors, general-purpose computers manufacturers, or system builders.
- Avnet’s homegrown legacy system was being converted to a single instance of SAP, which migrated the entire Avnet Technology solution division into SAP ECC 6.0 and CRM for the entire United States.
- The move to SAP was required due to inefficiencies in their business, issues scaling and performance within their application landscape.
- SAP was the solution implemented across all of their lines of business and is currently being implemented globally, where BackOffice Associates is performing data conversions for their European rollout. system builders
Why Syniti was Selected
Syniti was chosen to mitigate risk and insure the data migration was successful. As well as to support additional migrations across the globe, making it a multi-year decision to engage with Syniti. Avnet leveraged Deloitte’s knowledge of the data quality marketplace and was introduced to Syniti in 2008. The recommendation and support for BackOffice from Deloitte was a direct result of Deloitte’s hands-on experience with the BackOffice solution for their internal SAP implementation.
- Data migration using Syniti’s solutions in the USA in January 2012
- Main objects: CRM, FI, QuoteToCash and ProcureToPay
- Seven integration cycles which produced exceptional results
- 100% of the data loads were deemed business-ready and went live with zero data defects related to the implementation
- Current tracking for another Syniti data migration in Europe; 38 were considered highlevel, 60 objects loaded total.