CCPA Candidate Privacy Notice
Syniti is committed to protecting your personal information. This privacy notice describes how we collect our personal data and indicates to you how and why your data will be used for the primary purpose of recruitment. Furthermore, this notice provides you with the information that must be provided under the California Consumer Privacy Act Regulations (CCPA), and applies to all candidates in California. For any questions regarding this privacy notice, please refer to the “Contact Details” section below.
Responsibility for Your Information
BackOffice Associates, LLC d/b/a Syniti is responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you.
The Types of Information We Hold About You
We collect, store, and use the following categories of information about you during our recruitment process:
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number, and other contact information
- The information you provide in your CV/resume and cover letter
- Any additional information you provide to us in support of an application
- Information included in your profile created on our careers site
- Information from interviews and screenings you may have
- Details of the type of role you are looking for, current salary (where relevant) and salary expectations, and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, or other job preferences
- Details of how you heard about the position you are applying for
- Results of surveys, where relevant
- Reference information and/or information received from background checks, including information provided by third parties
- Information relating to any previous recruitment and/or employment history with us
- If we offer you reimbursement of costs incurred by you in connection with the recruitment process and you accept such an offer – information necessary to execute such reimbursement
- Information relevant to your right to work or being eligible for internship/traineeship, including nationality, or citizenship, for visa purposes
- CCTV footage when you are visiting our premises
- Information about your national origin, where relevant for visa purposes
- Medical or health information, where relevant
- Information about criminal convictions and offenses where required for the role
How is Your Personal Information Collected?
We collect personal information about candidates from the following sources:
- You (the candidate)
- Our background check provider from whom we collect the following categories of data:
- Six years’ activity history (including employment history)
- Full academic history
- Address verification
- Professional qualifications history
- Credit check (for roles in professional services, finance, and legal only)
- Driving license endorsements check (for roles in professional services, finance, and legal in the U.K. only)
- Directorship check
- Criminal history (generally back 7 years)
- Global Watchlist check (roles outside the UK only)
- Our PI provider, from whom we collect the PI report generated as a result of data submitted by you to the PI provider
- Our recruitment service providers with whom we collaborate
- Your named referees from whom we collect confirmation of your role and dates of your employment
- Any external provider who advertises a role on our behalf
- Information about you, including your contact details, your profile and CV (if available) from the following publicly available sources: LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor, and from regional job boards.
How We Will Use the Information About You
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role for which you are being considered, or other relevant roles we have
- Carry out background and reference checks where applicable
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process including, in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential career opportunities with us
- Create records relating to our hiring process
- Assist you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit where required
- Review our recruitment practices, including diversity monitoring
- Reimburse you for the costs incurred by you in connection with the recruitment process where relevant
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements
We will use information about your disability status to consider where we need to adjust the recruitment process:
- If relevant, we may use information about your national origin for visa and immigration purposes
- We will use information about criminal convictions for roles which involve a high degree of trust and integrity and for roles where this is a customer requirement
If you accept a role with us, the information collected during the recruitment process will become part of your employment record.
It is your responsibility to obtain consent from referees to the processing of their personal information before providing it to us.
If You Fail to Provide Personal Information
If you fail to provide information when requested, we will not be able to take you forward in our recruitment process as this information is necessary for us to consider your application. For example, if we require a reference for a prospective role and you fail to provide us with relevant details, we will not be able to take your candidacy further.
Why Might You Share My Data with Third Parties?
We may share your information with other companies in the Syniti group as well as limited members of our People, IT, and finance departments as well as relevant third parties, including our background check provider, our recruitment services providers, and with our PI provider. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes, and permit them to only process your personal data for specific purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may also be required to disclose your information to external third parties, including local labor authorities, courts and tribunals, regulatory bodies and/or law enforcement agencies, for the purpose of complying with applicable laws and regulations or in response to legal process. Additionally, we may also be required to share your data with relevant educational entities to comply with applicable laws and regulations for internship and traineeship opportunities.
Your Responsibility to Inform Us of Changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your recruitment process with us.
Your Rights in Connection with Personal Information
Under the CCPA, you have the following rights:
- Request that the business disclose what personal information about you it discloses and sells
- Request that the business delete personal information it collects or maintains about you
To exercise any of these rights, please contact email@example.com.
Verification of Identity
We may need to request specific information from you in order to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to exercise the rights you have requested.
If you have any additional questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Status of and Changes to This Notice
This notice does not form part of any employment contract or other contract to provide services. We may update this notice at any time and changes will appear on this page.
Last updated June 29, 2020